The Empty Library
Explore the shelves on the left to find a single book called "Kill the Dead Man". Take the pistol and bullets from a table on the right. If you need more bullets there are some on another table near the far end of the room. Look up and shoot the skull attached to the chandelier. Pick up the gold skull and insert it into the gold plaque near the exit door. Head through both sets of doors to a new area.
The Enigma of Chaos
The statue in the middle of the room is surrounded by 4 bowls, each containing a riddle. You need to find the objects within the room matching the riddles:
- "I grow slowly, I need air to live but I have no lungs. Even though I don't have a mouth, water keeps me alive". Find a small plant behind the desk to the left of the exit door, and place it in this bowl.
- "When you buy it it's black, when you use it it's red, when you throw it away it's gray". Find some coal in a small metal bucket on the floor to the left, and place it in this bowl.
- "The one who makes me doesn't want me, the one who buys me doesn't use me, the one who uses me doesn't know it". Find a small coffin on a desk to the right, and place it in this bowl.
- "When I'm young I'm tall, when I get old I'm short, when I'm alive I glow, my enemy is the wind". Find a single candle in a candlestick on a blue table to the right, and place it in this bowl.
The box on the desk to the left of the exit door will now be open. Go and pick up the gold skull and insert it into the gold plaque near the exit door. Head through the doors. In the next small area, pick up the lighter and lighter fluid from the table. Proceed through the next doors.
The Museum of Soulless Men
There is only one safe path through this room, but if you die you just get to restart the level. From the entrance, turn right and go all the way to the wall. Turn left and go just to the side of the figure crouched on both knees, then continue forward between two standing statues each with one hand outstretched. Turn right before the creature in a cross-legged crouch.
Turn left now and go forward to collect the gold skull from the bowl being held by the nearby statue. Continue straight ahead to the wall, then follow this around to the right. Insert the skull into the gold plaque, then head through both sets of doors.
The Gallery of Framed Dreams
The plant in the middle of the room is surrounded by 4 stands, each holding a riddle. You need to find the artwork within the room matching the riddles:
- "The smile hunters, the believers of the illusions, the little warriors, the masters of the future". There are 6 paintings containing children.
- "The silent walkers, observers in the dark, the motion hunters, the ones with elegant mustaches". There are 2 pictures containing cats.
- "The cloud miners, the wind travelers, the scouts of the horizon, the custodians of the oval treasure". There are 8 pictures containing birds.
- "Women collectors of emotions, women philosophy gatherers, women who prefer black over white, women who immerse themselves in the imagination". There are 9 pictures of women reading books.
Construct a code from these 4 numbers, and enter 6289 into the combination lock. Take the gold skull and insert it into the gold plaque near the exit door. Continue through both sets of doors.
The Hall of Tragic Fate
Time your passage beneath the middle guillotine straight ahead. Wait until both of the swinging axes move the same direction then quickly run past. Time another run between the two rotating horizontal blades ahead. Open the doors ahead and go through. Step forward until a flaming torch on the wall springs to life so you can see the path ahead.
Run past the spikes from the ceiling, the spikes from the floor, and more spikes from the ceiling. Jump over the trapdoor to avoid falling into a pit. Collect the gold skull. Run to the left of the first pair of swinging balls, and to the right of the second pair. Insert the skull into the gold plaque, then head through both sets of doors.
The Secret of the Pharaoh
Go forward down the main corridor and take the second path to the left. Follow this to the end to find an ancient papyrus that shows the meaning of 7 hieroglyphs (give orders, eight, last, look, the legend says, origin, correct). Go back to the main corridor and straight across to the other side. Follow this to find another papyrus with another 7 hieroglyphs (Osiris, first, envy, explain, Cosmos, start over, four). Go back to the main corridor and continue forward, then take the next path to the left. Follow this to the end to find an ancient papyrus that shows the meaning of a third set of 7 hieroglyphs (worship, god, no, give up, entry, papyrus, create).
Now continue to the end of the main corridor. Go around to the right of the statues and read the note, which mentions that the remaining symbols represent planets and ancient Gods. Turn over this note to see these remaining symbols (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Sun, Moon). Now pull the lever in front of the statues, then quickly go through to the hidden room next to where you found the note.
With the aid of the information you have gathered, you can decode the meaning of the symbols on the wall here:
- Osiris give orders worship eight gods
- First worship Neptune, last Mercury
- No worship Venus, Mars
- Uranus give up entry Earth
- Saturn envy look Jupiter worship
- The legend says explain papyrus
- Osiris origin create cosmos four gods
Based on this, out of the eight possible gods, you need to determine the correct order for four of them. The correct order is: Neptune, Earth, Jupiter, Mercury. Look at the buttons on the opposite wall and press them in the following order:
Go through and pick up the gold skull, then insert it into the gold plaque. Head through both sets of doors.
The Last Game
Read the typewritten paper on the table to the left, which details the rules of chess. Laid out before you on the floor is a chess board containing multiple pieces. You need to find a safe path across the board:
Leave the board and collect the gold skull, then return to the board and travel back over the last few steps:
Leave the board again and insert the gold skull into the gold plaque. Head through the final door.