After talking to Abdulla Doo, stand up and go outside. You need to find the money changer, so use your map and look at the street signs to get there (go north from Gate Plaza to find Fountain Plaza, then take the west exit and follow this road to its end, going right, left and left at the forks). At the money changer, talk to Dinarzad and exchange money (in increments of 50 coins or less to get the best trading rate).
- If you are a thief, make the thief sign at Dinarzad.
Again use the map that came with the game to make your way back to Gate Plaza. Buy a map and compass from Ali Chica, and give a centime to Shih'had the beggar when you find him. Now you can use your map to get around. Go to Fountain Plaza and enter the apothecary. Talk to Harik Attar about potions, pills and oils. Ask him about fire and earth.
- If you are a thief, buy some oil.
- If you are a fighter, buy some poison cure pills.
- If you are a magic user, buy some mana pills.
Leave this shop and go across the courtyard into the magic shop. Talk to Keapon Laffin about spells. Ask him about air.
- If you are a thief, buy magic rope.
- If you are a magic user, buy spells you don't have.
Leave here and use your map to go to Fighters Plaza. Buy a couple of extra waterskins from Mirak (and fill these at the fountain next time you are there). Go to the Guild Hall and talk to Rakeesh outside and Uhura inside. Get some fighting practice in the room on the right inside. Sign the adventurer's book in the main room.
- If you are a thief, Agi might be here and you can win money by walking his tightrope.
- If you are a fighter, trade in your sword in the weapons shop and arm wrestle Issur for money.
Now go to the Palace Plaza. Go south from here and follow this street to the end to find the Astrologer. Give him your name when asked, then ask about the future and tell him about yourself. At the end of the day, go back to the Inn and sleep. Do this every day unless otherwise specified.
Visit the Astrologer again and ask about your future. Now go to Fountain Plaza and head north. Follow this path and turn right at the fork, then take a left side passage when it appears. Knock on the door and answer the questions with your name, Keapon, Air, Aziza. Once inside, greet Aziza, then walk over to the table and sit down. Say yes to share some tea, then ask her about each of the 4 elementals. Say goodbye, then leave.
Go out to the desert by going south from Gate Plaza. Continue south from the Saurus Lot to reach the Shapeir Overlook. Head west 4 times to find the griffin nest.
- If you are a thief, use your rope near the nest, climb up and take the feather.
- If you are a fighter, move the rock and take the feather.
- If you are a magic user, cast Levitate, then go up and take the feather.
You can wander in the desert and fight some monsters to get experience and raise your statistics. At the end of the day, go back to the Inn to watch Shema dance.
Go back to the money changer in the evening and say yes when told about the job. Go to the weapons shop in Fighters Plaza and pick the lock. Go inside, then close the door behind you. Use oil on the anvil then move the anvil and open the trapdoor. Pick the lock on the strongbox and take the money. Close the trapdoor, move the anvil again, open the door and leave the shop. Now wait until it is midnight. Go to Gate Plaza and head north; take the first right turn, then the first left turn and first right turn again to find a short street in the southeast of the map. Pick the lock on the door and sneak inside. Take the tea service from the shelves. Oil the hinges on the wardrobe and open the wardrobe, then search it to get an emerald bowl. About now, the first man will come in but will not see you. Move the rug and open the trapdoor; when you hear voices, roll back the rug and hide. After the second man has gone, move the rug again, pick the lock and search the chest. When you hear voices again move the rug and hide in the wardrobe. After the 3rd man has gone, leave.
Magic User Only
Cast Detect while walking around the streets to see an arrow. Do this repeatedly and follow the arrows, or just go to the northenmost corridor on the map and cast Detect again to reveal a door. Cast Open on the door and go inside. Give your name when asked, then answer with Magic, Erasmus. In the first test, cast Detect to see which bell is magical, then cast Fetch on that bell and Trigger on the bell. You will now have 4 separate challenges based on the 4 elements. For air, cast Fetch on the staff, then Levitate and go up while the staff passes beneath you. For earth, cast Trigger on the rocks, then quickly cast Calm. Walk to the rocks and climb over, then quickly cast Calm again. For water, cast Flame Dart on the ice, then Force Bolt and Open on the crack in the ice. For fire, cast Open on the door, Calm on the fire, Fetch on the door, and Force Bolt near the top of the door. Answer no to the question.
- If you are a thief, sell your stolen goods to the money changer.
Buy incense from the apothecary, and a lamp from Tashtari in Fountain Plaza. At the end of the day, go back to the Inn to listen to Omar's poetry.
Shameen will tell you about the Fire Elemental. Go outside the inn to find it. Use incense and head north, and the elemental will follow you. Once you get the message you have gone far enough, use the lamp, then use water.
Go to the Guild Hall to get your first reward. Next go to Fountain Plaza and listen to all 4 verses of Omar's poem, then leave and come back, and pick up his purse. While you are here, buy a pot of dirt from Lasham (he will give it to you for free). Now go to Fighters Plaza.
- If you are a thief, wait until evening, then use your rope near the house, climb up and take the bellows. Act quickly before a guard appears.
- If you are a fighter, go inside and beat Issur at arm wrestling, then take the bellows.
- If you are a magic user, cast Fetch on the bellows before a guard appears.
Shameen will tell you about the Air Elemental. Head to Palace Plaza to find it.
- If you are a thief, use your magic rope, and when it is beneath you drop dirt into it, then use the bellows.
- If you are a fighter, walk into the elemental to get sucked into it, then drop dirt and use the bellows.
- If you are a magic user, levitate up into the air, then drop dirt into the elemental and use the bellows.
On the evening of day 8, go back to the Inn to watch Shema dance.
Go out to the Saurus lot and buy a saurus. Mount it and go south. From the Overlook, head east 4 times and look at the tree. Return to Shapeir (you can just say "go home" once you have a saurus) and visit Aziza. Ask her about the tree.
Go to Fighters Plaza and buy a cloth bag from Kiram. At the end of the day, go back to the Inn to listen to Omar's poetry and get your second reward.
Shameen will tell you about the Earth Elemental.
- If you are a thief, go to the apothecary and ask about the earth elemental; you will receive some powder. Go to the streets in the northeast of the city and find the elemental, then throw your powder and get the earth.
- If you are a fighter, go to the Guild Hall and ask about the sword to receive Soulforge. Go to the streets in the northeast of the city and find the elemental, then fight it and get the earth. Go back to the Guild Hall and return the sword.
- If you are a magic user, go to the streets in the northeast of the city and find the elemental, then cast multiple flame darts at it and get the earth.
Now head out to the desert again. From the Overlook, head east 7 times to the tree. Give water then tell about yourself. Give earth and tell about earth. Finally hug the tree and say "Julanar". You will end up getting the Fruit of Compassion. Next go west 4 times and south 5 times to find the Oasis (check your compass if you need to). Talk to the Dervish and take some of his beard. Ask about him the puzzle, then about what, why, when, where and who. Mount your saurus again and use your compass, then go north twice and west 8 times to find a caged beast. Return to the Dervish by going east 8 times and south twice, and ask him about the beast. Use your saurus to go home.
Go to the apothecary and ask Harik about the dispel potion, then give him the griffin feather and fruit of compassion. Head out to the desert again. From the Overlook, go south 3 times and west 5 times to return to the beast. Give it some water, then take some hair. Give the potion to the beast, then go home.
Visit the Guild Hall and Uhura will give you a note.
Go to Fountain Plaza. Put down a waterskin, then use your bellows and pick up the waterskin again. Go to Palace Plaza and you will be given a magical sapphire pin.
Visit the Guild Hall and Uhura will give you another note. From the Fighters Plaza go north, then take the first left side passage and go right at the fork. At the end of this road enter the half-open door. As soon as the lights come back on, break your chains. When the fight starts, dodge to the right until you get your weapons, then fight until the man is knocked down. Show him mercy at the end, and you will get an Eternal Order of Fighters badge.
Go and visit Aziza. Go to the magic shop and give the beard to Keapon Laffin. At the end of the day, go back to the Inn to listen to Omar's poetry and get your third and fourth rewards. When you wake up in the morning you will automatically travel to your next destination.
After receiving your visa, enter the Blue Parrot Inn. Sit down and talk to Signor Ferrari. When he ofers you a drink, select either one.
- If you are a thief, make the thief sign at Ferrari.
Go outside, then back inside at sunset. Sit down and talk to Ferrari and Ugarte. Wait until evening, then go to your room and sleep. The next morning, so south (check your compass) to reach Fountain Plaza. Go to the other end of this plaza and you will see Ugarte arrested and taken away. Head back towards Gate Plaza and follow the woman into the side alley and into the house. Give her your clothes and visa and you will be given a mirror. Head back to Gate Plaza and wait until sunset, then enter the Inn. Sit down and talk to Ferrari.
- If you are a thief, answer yes to Ferrari's question. Go outside and wait until evening, then sneak into Fountain Plaza and use your magic rope, then climb up to the window. Continue to sneak, going around in front of the bed, stopping when you make a noise. Oil the hinges on the cabinet, then pick the lock, open the door and take the bird. Sneak back over to the window and leave. Return to the inn and give Ferrari the bird.
Go to sleep in your room, then in the morning go outside and you will be arrested. Show your pin to the Katta here.
- If you are a thief, pick the lock with the pin.
- If you are a fighter, break the door.
- If you are a magic user, cast Open on the door.
Take your equipment, then crawl through the passage. Outside, walk along the streets and you will be captured again.
When you regain control, use your mirror and you will end up going inside. Rub your lamp, then go west to the next screen and put out your lamp. Head up near the waterfall and jump on a log when it is near, then jump again when you are close to the opposite shore. Now you are near a strong wind tunnel.
- If you are a thief, pick the rock near the wind tunnel.
- If you are a fighter, force the rock near the wind tunnel.
- If you are a magic user, cast Force Bolt on the rock near the wind tunnel.
Now head up behind the waterfall and continue east, then go east one more screen. Put out your lamp again, and walk through the lava maze, trying to avoid the flames and lava. Walk over towards the small cliff.
- If you are a thief, use your magic rope.
- If you are a fighter, jump down.
- If you are a magic user, cast Levitate and you will float down.
Approach the door and say "Suleiman", then go through the next room, ignoring the treasure. After Ad Avis traps you here, walk back down the slope towards the small stalagmite and take the ring. Ask the Djinni about wishes, then wish for any two skills (or health and 1 skill), then ask to be teleported.
Walk to the other side of the plaza.
- If you are a thief, throw a dagger at the Eunuch patrolling the wall, then use your magic rope to climb up and go left. After the harem scene, sneak towards the statue, then wait for the Eunuch to pass and sneak left to the table. Wait for him to pass by again, then sneak through the doorway.
- If you are a fighter, throw a dagger at the Eunuch patrolling the wall, then fight the guards and break the door to get inside. When you reach Khaveen, jump down to meet him and then fight. When your sword is knocked away, get your sword again and keep fighting. When his sword is knocked away, you can either kill him or tell him to pick up his sword and keep fighting. Throw another rock or dagger at the door, then break the door to go through.
- If you are a magic user, cast Flame Dart at the Eunuch patrolling the wall, then Dazzle on the guards and Open on the door, and go inside. When you reach Khaveen cast Calm and he will leave. Cast Levitate to float down to the floor, then Trigger on the door to detonate the trap, and finally Open on the door. Cast Reversal before going through.
You will now be in a chamber with Ad Avis, who is performing a summong ritual.
- If you are a thief, use your magic rope and walk across it, then throw a dagger at the unlit candle. Duck the first 2 Flame Darts, making your way to the other pillar. Duck any other Flame Darts, then throw 2 daggers at him.
- If you are a fighter, you will automatically fight the stone statue, but since you can't win just escape. Run into the unlit candle, and keep running left past the brazier, which will catch on fire. Run through the flames at Ad Avis and you will knock him down.
- If you are a magic user, cast Trigger on the statue, then Force Bolt on the unlit candle. After Ad Avis' first spell doesn't work on you (assuming you used Reversal), go to the middle of the screen and cast a Force Bolt on the wall between the left and second from left pillars up on the balcony; this should rebound off the brazier and end up killing Ad Avis.