In each game location, your notebook will prompt you to answer a series of questions. You must search the location and take photographs of pieces of evidence, then return to the van to analyze them. In analyzing the evidence, you will play a series of mini-games. The lists in bold below are of the items that you need to photograph to solve each notebook objective. Optional items to photograph for extra points are not listed.
Canvas the room
- Pills, on the floor
- Camcorder, on a tripod near the window
- Container, small pots on the bottom left small shelf on the wall to the right (SD card)
- Cup, on the kitchen bench (Marie's DNA)
- Pill bottles, on the kitchen counter
- Glass, next to the picture on the kitchen counter (SD card)
- Dish, on a small stand on the floor in the bedroom (earring, Marie's prints)
- Bed, in the bedroom (hair, Francis' DNA)
Put all your evidence in the folder. Link the pills with the coroner's report, and the pills with the pill bottles.
- Floor markings, next to the pills on the floor
- Floor markings, near the coffee table
- Floor markings, near the camcorder tripod
- Mirror, in the bedroom (cat DNA)
- Damaged SD card, on shelf over television
- Window, in front of camera
- Tripod, holding up the camcorder (potassium carbonate)
- Slime mould, on wall between kitchen and front door
After a short cutscene, click on the pink sticky note. Now you need to recreate the fall with a computer simulation. Select to jump from the top floor, then launch with the second highest power setting.
Who did this?
- Hairpin, on the floor near the floor markings (Marie's DNA)
- Mouldy SD card, on the floor near the floor markings
- Broken metal, on the floor near the floor markings
- Runes, under the bed in the bedroom
- Blood stain, under the bed in the bedroom (cat DNA)
- Broken vase, on the floor in the bedroom
- Match smear, on the left side of the kitchen counter
- Gold vase, on the cluttered table under shelves in the living room
- Empty space, on the broken shelf on the wall in living room
Store your evidence in the folder. Try to link the mouldy SD card with the slime mould (victim's room). Link the blood stain with the mirror (victim's room). Now you will automatically start searching the room for accelerants - check out the floor near the coffee table in the living room, then the bedroom side of the wall between the rooms.
Find the object
- Footprints, on the floor near the floor markings
- Burned pages, on the floor near the kitchen bench
- Torn cushions, on the sofa in the middle of the room
- Statuette, on the television
- Plate, on the floor near the window
- Ornament, on the floor near the window
- Ornament, on the sofa nearest the wall
- Vase, on the sofa nearest the wall
Store the evidence. Link the footprints with Shure's shoes. Try to link the statuette with the empty space, then click on the pink sticky note. Click on the second pink sticky note - drag the plans over the blueprints, then rotate and zoom until they line up.
Link recluse to Salt
- Pipe, large opening low in left wall (Hercules' prints)
- Bed, in back of room (hair, Hercules' DNA)
- Candles, on low pipe above bed
- Belt, hanging from high girder above bed
- Lighter fluid, on floor
- Matchbox, on plate on pipe near the left wall
- "I'm Sorry", writing high on right wall
Store all of the evidence in the folder. Link the lighter fluid with the hydrocarbon sample (burned room). Next link the "I'm Sorry" with the poetry book. Try to link the belt with the "I'm Sorry", then link it with the tripod (victim's room). Finally link the match to the match smear (burned room).
Investigate the writing
- SD card, inside open safe on right wall
- "The Salted earth", writing high on left wall
- "Simple Lies", writing high on left wall
- "Who watches?", writing on right wall near the safe
- "No time", writing on back wall, over the bed
Store the new evidence, then link "The Salted earth" with "I'm Sorry". Also link "No time" with "Simple Lies" and with "Who watches?". Try linking all other text together, and all text with the poetry book.
Was someone else here?
- SD card, on low pipe above bed
- Pen, on raised section to the side
- Paint, beneath light
- Paint, beneath light
- Footprints, in middle of floor (shards)
Store this evidence. Link the shards with the broken vase (burned room).
Who is Hapman?
- Paints, beneath the bedroom window
- Painting, to the right of the paints
- Painting, on wall over the the bed
- Painting, on wall to the left of the bed
- Painting, on wall to the left of the door
- Painting, on floor to the left of the door
- Painting, on floor in the kitchen
- Strauss, record album to the left of the door
- Coat, hanging by the door (Hapman's DNA)
- Forensics book, in the bookcase right of the window
- Art, on the bed
Store all of this evidence, but there are no links to make yet, so keep looking.
What does Hapman read?
- Psychic book, on the arm of the sofa
- Catcher in the Rye, in blue basket on floor of bedroom
- Book of runes, to the right of the bookcase
Store the new evidence in the folder. Link the book of runes with the runes (burned room). Click on the yellow sticky note to translate the runes. Also link Catcher in the Rye with the burned pages (burned room).
Link Hapman to Salt
- Lockpicks, on bedside table
- Statuette, on speaker along wall near the door
- Computer, on desk near the kitchen (SD card)
- Blood stain, on floor at end of kitchen counter (cat DNA)
- Blood stain, inside fridge in the kitchen
- Cup, on high shelf in the kitchen
- Mould, on the wall above the computer
Place your evidence in the folder. Link the statuette with the empty space (burned room). Link the blood stain with the cat DNA to the mirror (burned room) and the blood stain (burned room). Try to link the blood stain from the fridge with each of the paintings. Link the cup with the matchbox (recluse's room). Link the mould to the mouldy SD card (burned room), and the lockpicks with the broken metal (burned room).
Did Hapman kill Welt?
- Sink, in the kitchen
- Overalls, hanging on wall in the middle of the room
- Ashtray, on the speaker next to the sofa (match)
- Lighter, next to the ashtray
Sort your new evidence. Link the match to the match (recluse's room), and the lighter to the lighter fluid (recluse's room). Link the overalls to the belt (recluse's room) and to the tripod (victim's room). Now click on the yellow sticky note to interrogate Hapman.